STREAMLINE OPERATIONS AND CONNECT DATA ACROSS BUSINESS SILOS
Leaders like you have been trying to remove, or at least reduce, paper-based information from business processes. But it’s impossible to remove paper from your workplace when paper-based mail keeps coming and continues to be a core part of your operational processes. Access to paper-based mail is an even bigger challenge when you have a distributed workforce that needs secure timely access to their mail regardless of their location.
Traditional mailrooms rely on manual systems and processes that are labor intensive and prone to human error. As organizations consider downsizing and/or optimizing real estate space, they need to streamline operations and connect data across business silos. Iron Mountain can help.
Transform Your Mailroom
Iron Mountain Digital Mailroom solution is a software as a service (SaaS) offering that enables you to enhance operational efficiency by digitizing physical mail to provide secure access and retrieval for your employees, automating document-centric processes, and connecting your data across platforms.
- Convert your mail from physical to digital with auditable chain of custody
- Provide access to and receipt of mail in a secure repository anytime, anywhere to authorized users through role-based permissions you own and manage
- Create opportunity for automation and collaboration of document-centric processes
- Gain operational insights and drive efficiency by connecting data across business silos
- Reduce your physical footprint and related real estate expenditures
- Consolidate vendors by utilizing an end-to-end solution
How It Works
Iron Mountain Digital Mailroom solution is as easy to set up as it is to use.
- After you instruct the postal service to redirect your mail, Iron Mountain will pick up the mail and transport it to our secure scanning facilities. Your physical mail never leaves Iron Mountain’s chain of custody.
- Iron Mountain experts scan and automatically capture keywords for your mail so the digitized copies can be auto-routed to the intended recipient. You have the option to request additional keywords relevant to your organization to be captured.
- You control who the final recipient is through exception processing.
- Your electronic information will be encrypted at rest and during transmission across a secure network.
- You can search and access digitized mail in our secure information management and content services platform, Iron Mountain Insight®
- Role-based permissions that you own and manage ensure only authorized users can view and share mail.
- Iron Mountain can help you with disposing of your physical mail by storing, securely shredding, or returning it to you.
Security and Compliance
We take security seriously, that’s why 95% of the Fortune 1,000 companies trust Iron Mountain with their critical and sensitive records. We have been securing sensitive data for 70+ years and provide services across a wide range of industries in over 60 countries. You can rest easy knowing that your information is safe in our end-to-end solution - from picking up your rerouted paper mail in our secure trucks for digitization at our scanning centers to auto-routing your mail to the intended recipient and disposing of your paper mail in the manner you request (securely storing, shredding, or returning mail to you).
Your digital documents are stored in Iron Mountain InSight®, an information management and content services platform, that leverages the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Framework (CSF) as our enterprise security framework. Iron Mountain InSight® complies with industry standards including but not limited to:
- Soc 2 Type II
- And ISO27001
Learn more about the security of Iron Mountain InSight®
Customer Success Stories
MAILROOM MODERNIZATION: EVOLVE WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION’S NEEDS
For businesses, paper-based correspondence has always been predominant and reliable. Like clockwork, mail comes in and mail goes out. But all that incoming documentation needs timely and efficient distribution, acknowledgement, and action.
Click on the boxes below to learn more about the three types of mailrooms and how you can modernize yours.
The traditional mailroom is the entry point for large volumes of inbound physical mail that requires back-office operations to sort and distribute. This can result in:
- Delayed employee productivity to sort and deliver mail to the right person across departments
- Poor customer experience
- Potential compliance and regulatory ramifications
- Loss of sensitive information
- Greater challenges supporting a remote workforce
Digital mailrooms work through intelligent document processing (IDP), which includes:
- Scanning and digitization of physical mail for web and mobile access
- Extraction of metadata for efficient search
- Validation and review
- Classification with AI/ML
- User access rules and routing
- Audit tracking for improved compliance
Intelligent mailrooms offer all the benefits of a digital mailroom through a content services platform (CSP), which includes:
- Content management
- Information governance
- Intelligent metadata extraction and enrichment
- Search and retrieve functionality
- Workflow automation
- Federated multi-repository
- Optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities
Frequently Asked Questions
Iron Mountain’s Implementation team meets with your organization to learn how your organization wishes to handle mail: by department, floor, individual, etc.
Iron Mountain then sets up your users, user groups and data security rules to ensure that the proper people have access to the mail. Many organizations also have an administrator who can update this hierarchy if, for example, you are out of office, and need your mail temporarily rerouted.
You are able to select from several disposition options for your physical mail:
- Your physical mail is returned to you
- Your physical mail is stored in an Iron Mountain record center
- Your physical mail is shredded